There are two routes to gaining ACS accredited status. These are equivalent to each other and ensure that the standards required of all Approved Contractors are consistent.
Open to all companies - no previous accreditation required. The Standard route to ACS approval begins with a self-assessment that is then verified by an independent assessor from an SIA-approved assessing body.
- Download the ACS Self Assessment Workbook , the associated detailed Guide and the Tips for Completing Your ACS Self Assessment. Assess your organisation and make improvements where necessary.
- Register on the SIA website to access the ACS online achievement record and record your scores and summary evidence. Ensure that you meet the required ACS Standard for all indicators in the Self Assessment Workbook, enabling you to move to the next step.
- Submit your achievement record and request an ACS application pack via the online system.
- Send your completed application to us with the relevant payment. We will advise whether you meet our eligibility criteria.
- Choose an assessing body from the SIA-approved list and arrange for a visit to verify your self-assessment.
- Following successful verification, your application will be approved provided you continue to meet our eligibility criteria.
We may accredit alternative schemes as being equivalent to the ACS Standard. The schemes accepted by the SIA are detailed here. If you are assessed under one of these schemes you may wish to take the Passport route to ACS approval.
- Gain accreditation to an SIA-approved scheme and obtain copy of relevant certificate.
- Request an ACS application pack (call 020 7025 4190 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Send your application to us with the relevant payment and copy of certificate.
- Your application is approved provided you meet our eligibility criteria.
Certification providers wishing to operate a Passport scheme should contact us for information on how to do so.