Reporting Lost, Stolen or Damaged Licences

SIA licences are issued subject to certain conditions, which you must abide by. One of those conditions is that you must tell us if your licence is lost or has been stolen.

  • If your licence has been lost you should write to us, explaining the circumstances of the loss. Your letter must be signed.
  • If your licence has been stolen you should report the theft to the police, obtain a crime reference number from them and forward the police report to us with a signed covering letter.

The address to write to is:

Security Industry Authority
PO Box 1293
L69 1AX.

If your licence has been damaged and you need a replacement you should write to us at the address above, enclosing the damaged licence. You must sign the covering letter.

We do not normally charge for replacing a licence; however, if we receive repeated requests for replacement licences we may investigate further and/or demand a fee.