England, Wales and Northern Ireland
All trainers delivering SIA licence-linked qualifications are required to hold the 'Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector' (PTLLS) or a recognised equivalent and/or higher level teaching qualification.
Further information on equivalencies of teaching qualifications can be found on the Institute for Learning website.
All trainers delivering SIA licence-linked qualifications are required to hold a teaching or training qualification at S/NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) that has been accredited by SQA/QCA or validated by a Higher Education Institution (HEI).
Trainers of Conflict Management
All trainers delivering scenario-based conflict management training for the SIA licence-linked qualifications are required to hold an NQF or QCF Level 3 qualification in the delivery of conflict management training. These include:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Delivering Conflict Management Training
- Edexcel Level 3 Award in Delivering Conflict Management Training
- EDI Level 3 Award in Delivering Conflict Management Training
- HABC Level 3 Award in Delivering Conflict Management Training
- IQ Level 3 Award in Delivering Conflict Management Training
Trainers of Physical Intervention Skills
All trainers delivering physical intervention skills training for the door supervisor licence-linked qualifications are required to hold:
- A suitable teaching/training qualification (PTLLS or above, or a suitable equivalent);
- A suitable level 3 qualification in training conflict management;
- A level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training in the Private Security Industry (QCF), and;
- A certificate from an approved level 3 programme that confirms the trainer's ability to deliver the skills in an approved level 2 programme.
Trainers are expected to take annual refresher training for the delivery of the physical intervention skills programme they deliver. This training should be certified by a recognised programme provider.
Physical Intervention Skills 'Train the 'Trainer' Programmes
Download the 'Guidance for the Delivery of Physical Intervention Skills' document (download size: 378kb). This document sets out the quality arrangements for delivery of the new unit.