A person will not be guilty of an offence under section 3 of the Private Security Industry Act if the conditions of section 4(4) are met.
Please note, every condition must be met for in order for section 4 to apply.
- Security activities are carried out by a security operative in their capacity as a director, partner or employee;
- An application for an SIA licence is pending;
- The licence applied for would authorise the security operative to carry out the security activities at (a) above, and is not one that has previously been refused;
- The company or employer is currently registered as an approved provider of security industry services under section 14 of the Private Security Industry Act 2001; and
- the SIA has authorised that company or employer to use directors, partners or employees whose applications are pending to carry out the security activities at (a) above.