Delivering proportionate regulation to the private security industry to reduce criminality and improve standards under the Private Security Industry Act 2001.
Our vision is that criminality is reduced and standards are raised in the private security industry so that the public is, and feels, safer.
Our strategic objectives fall under the following categories:
- Protecting the public - ensuring that only fit and proper people and organisations deliver regulated private security services.
- Customer service - delivering services which meet the needs of our customers.
- Delivering value - operating within our means and delivering value for money.
- Developing our people and organisation - ensuring our staff have the competencies and skills to perform effectively and maximise their potential.
- Delivering a phased transition to a new regulatory regime - working with the private security industry and other key stakeholders to develop the principles and framework for a new regulatory regime.