Guidance Videos for Businesses
You may find it useful to view a set of videos created to help you understand how to use our licensing system.
Guidance Videos for Businesses
You want to understand the licensing process
Click the links below to download visual representations of the licence application process forLicence Assist,Licence Management andLicence Pay Only.
Licence Assist(download size: 296kb)
Licence Pay Only(download size: 298kb)
Licence Management(download size: 296kb)
You are using the Licence Assist service but need further guidance
We have produced a guide on our Licence Assist service that gives step by step information on setting up a Licence Assist business account, linking and completing an application. This guidance also gives instructions for each page displayed in your online Licence Assist business account. This includes payment, watchlists and more.
Read more about our Licence Assist Service
The discount is not being applied for additional licences
A discount will be applied in the following scenarios:
- You are applying for two or more licences in a single application;
- You are applying for one or more additional licences and the individual holds a licence that is not due to expire within the next 4 months.
A discount is not applied if you are applying for additional licences and the individual holds a licence that will expire within the next 4 months.
You want to pay by direct debit
Companies using Licence Assist, Licence Management and Licence Pay Only can pay by Direct Debit. If you used to pay for bulk applications using direct debit, this Direct Debit will need to be cancelled and a new Direct Debit established through your new business account (you should allow 10 working days). We will inform you when this has been set up.
To set up Direct Debit payments:
- Select 'Business account' in the business online account and set your payment preference and add your bank details
- Print and post the signed copy of the Direct Debit mandate to us.
In the meantime you can submit and pay for applications using credit or debit card.
You are having problems when trying to pay for your application online
Are you using a smartphone or tablet?
Our licensing site was designed to be used on desktop and laptop computers. We recommend that you use a desktop or laptop to pay, rather than trying to do it from a smartphone or tablet device.
It may be your browser settings
Please see the links below, which will tell you how to change this setting for some commonly used web browsers. If you are using a device that doesn't belong to you, speak to the owner or relevant support personnel before making any changes. We advise you to change your settings back immediately after you have tried to pay again.
If you are still having problems making an online payment then please contact us using the 'Contact the SIA' option in your online account. Please give us the following information when you contact us:
- Name and version of the operating system you were using (e.g. Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.11, Android 6.0)
- Name and version of the web browser you were using (e.g. Internet Explorer 11, Chrome 54.0 or Safari)
- Type of device you were using (i.e. desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet).
- If you were using a smartphone or tablet then please provide the make and model (e.g. Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S7, Amazon Fire 7).
Providing this information will help us to diagnose and fix your problem.
An operative's licence is not showing for renewal in my business account, but it needs renewing
This may be because:
- You are not linked to them or
- They have started their application before they have linked with you
You've uploaded a list of licences to the watchlist, but not all of these are appearing.
The full list of licences are not appearing in your watchlist because some of them have expired. Note that watchlists will only show licences if they appear in the public Register of Licence Holders, which does not display expired licences. If you upload any invalid licence numbers as part of your list, these will also not be displayed. You will receive a notification in your business account that will highlight any invalid licence numbers after your upload.
You're unable to upload the list of licences you have
If the list fails to load this may be because the file is not in the correct format. If you update your lists in MS Excel, or a similar programme, please ensure the file extension remains, csv.