We provide services that allow businesses to manage the licence application process on behalf of applicants. An applicant must provide their consent before this can happen, because the business will need to see and edit certain personal information in order to apply for a licence on their behalf.
This process of giving consent involves something called 'linking'. We explain what this is below.
If You Are a Business
- Log in to our self-service website
- Send the operative a request to link with their personal online account. They must have an account in order for you to link with them.
- The operative will receive an email from us that will ask them to log into their personal online account and read a message.
- The message will contain a link to a page that will explain about the permissions they will be granting to you if they accept the link. You will not be able to submit an application on their behalf until they accept this request. They will need to do this within 21 days of receiving the message; if they don't then the request will expire.
- If they accept the link their name will appear in a list available under your 'My People' tab. From here you can submit and/or pay for their application as required.
If You Are an Operative
- You will receive an email from us that will ask you to log into your personal online account and go to 'My Messages'.
- You will see a message explaining that a company is asking to link with you. The message will contain a link to a consent page.
- The page will explain:
- the information about you that the business will be able to see;
- what they will be able to do with that information. It will also ask you to accept or decline the linking request.
- If you decline, the business will not be able to manage your application on your behalf.
- If you do not accept the request it will expire after 21 days.
- You can only be linked to one business at any given time.
How to Remove a Link
Businesses and operatives can remove links at any time in their online account.
Links between businesses using our Licence Pay Only or Licence Assist services and operatives will automatically expire when a final decision has been made on the operative's application.
Links created between business using our Licence Management service and operatives will not expire; they will continue to exist and the business will be able to edit personal information such as the individual's address.