We have produced a form that you can use to ask us for the information we hold about you or for information about our operations. We have a legal responsibility to provide this information, placed on us by the following Acts:
- The Data Protection Act 1998 - this Act gives you rights to access personal data held about you by us.
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 - this Act gives you rights to access all information held by us, except personal data (covered by the Data Protection Act) and environmental information (covered by the Environmental Information Regulations 2004).
Download the information request form (download size: 25kb)
Please complete all sections of the information request form when making your request, providing as much detail as possible. Doing so will help us to locate the information and respond to you promptly.
A maximum of £10 can be charged for requests under the Data Protection Act 1998. To enable you to access your information more easily, we do not currently charge this fee.
We will notify you in writing if a charge applies to your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Although requests will generally be met without charge, charges may apply for costs of postage, photocopying, tapes or disks. In addition, a fee may be charged where significant work is involved in meeting your request for information.
Provided we are in receipt of all necessary information, we will respond within:
- 40 calendar days under the Data Protection Act 1998
- 20 working days under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
Please note that our responses to requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act are published on this website.
Before You Send Your Request
Requests under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts
All requests must be in writing. You will need to provide us with a contact email or postal address so we can reply to you. Providing your daytime contact telephone number can help us to get in touch with you quickly if we have any questions about your request.
Requests under the Data Protection Act
Where you request personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998, your request must:
- be signed (we will only accept original signatures); and
- be accompanied by proof of your identity, either:
- a copy of photographic identification (eg. your driver’s licence or passport), or
- an original utility bill with your current address (this will be returned to you)
Sending Your Request
Please return your completed form (with proof of identity if relevant) to:
Freedom of Information
Security Industry Authority
PO Box 49768
Alternatively, you may prefer to use the Contact Us form on this website to submit your request - please select 'General Enquiry' as the category and 'Freedom of Information/DPA subject access request' as the topic. The contact us form will not allow you to attach documents to your enquiry so we may need to contact you to confirm your identity before we can proceed.
If you are submitting a subject access request please include your full name, date of birth, address and contact details.
Go to the contact us form
If You Are Not Happy With Our Response
If we are unable to supply your requested data, we will write to you to explain why. You can seek a review of this decision by contacting us at the above address. If you remain dissatisfied with the way we have handled your complaint, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.