Linking to a business online account
By accepting this link you are agreeing to link your SIA online account to the business’ online account until the SIA makes a decision on your licence application.
This link is being created to allow the business to submit a licence application on your behalf.
Please note that the business will not be able to submit information on your behalf in relation to any appeal you lodge regarding an SIA decision.
What information will the SIA share with the business?
- By linking your online accounts the business will see the most up to date personal information the SIA holds about you e.g. information you gave us on your last application form. Transgender applicants who wish to keep their previous names confidential should contact the SIA before linking to a business.
- The business will never see information regarding your mental health or criminality unless you give it to them. You can give this information to the SIA in complete confidence, even if the business submits an application on your behalf, by contacting the SIA via your online account.
- The business will be able to supply information on your behalf, and the SIA will contact the business about matters affecting your licence, including:
- A change in your circumstances
- Requests for a replacement licence card
- Information needed to resolve queries about your SIA licence
- The SIA will tell the business whether you hold a valid qualification and whether your licence application is granted, refused, revoked or suspended.
- Please note that in some cases the business may be entitled to use the information it receives from the SIA in relation to your employment.
You can withdraw consent at any time
You can withdraw your consent to link your account to the business’ account at any time by going to ‘My Details’, ‘Business acting on my behalf’, ‘Unlink’ on your SIA online account.
If you decide to unlink your account from the business’ SIA account you will need to submit a new application.
How the SIA will use the information provided by the business?
The SIA will use the information provided to perform its statutory functions, including deciding whether you are a fit and proper person to hold a licence. In making this decision the SIA will:
- Use its online licensing system to automatically assess and profile information held about you. However, the SIA will not take a licensing decision that negatively affects you without a member of our staff reviewing your application.
- Share information with organisations to conduct checks against the SIA licensing criteria. The checks we undertake include:
- Identity – We will verify your identity with Experian and HMPO.
- Criminality – We will obtain a copy of your criminal record certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service, Disclosure Scotland or Access Northern Ireland.
- Qualifications – We will check you hold a valid qualification on the SIA’s Qualifications database.
- Mental health – If you declare relevant mental health information, we will discuss the information with your health care professional.
- Right to work – We will verify with the Home Office that you have the right to work in the UK.
- Non-conviction information – If we are provided with, or hold, any other information that may be relevant as to whether you are a fit and proper person to work in the private security industry we will conduct further checks with appropriate bodies.