Unless we explicitly say otherwise you must send us the original physical documents, not scans or photocopies.
We will accept a notarised copy of a passport from a suitably accredited notary in the country in which you reside. This is because in some cases it is impractical or illegal for passports to be posted outside of their country of issue. The notarised copy must be accompanied by a signed and dated letter from the notary.
If any of your documents are not in English you must provide us with both the original and an English translation from an approved translator.
- If you are a UK passport holder, your passport number entered on the application form. You do not need to submit the actual passport.
- Signed valid passport of any other nationality.
- Driving licence photocard if it was issued by the DVLA in Great Britain. We will not accept the photocard on its own if it was issued by the DVA in Northern Ireland.
- Driving licence photocard and its paper counterpart issued by the DVA in Northern Ireland.
- UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- UK biometric residence permit card
If you have been asked to take Group B documents to the post office they must be from this list and they must show your current address.
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.
- Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months. You can only submit one utility bill in support of your application.
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. You can submit more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different issuer.
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, or local authority issued within the last three months. You can submit more than one letter as long as each is issued by a different Government department or a different local authority.
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months.
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months.
- Current UK driving licence - paper version (not the paper counterpart to a photocard).
- Driving licence photocard (without a paper counterpart) issued by the DVA in Northern Ireland.
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months.
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo.