What Training Do I Need?

If you are applying for a front line licence you will need to have undergone a structured training programme resulting in a recognised qualification.

We must have received a record of your qualification from the awarding organisation before you can submit your application. You will not be able to apply for a licence until we have this information.

Please follow the links below for more detailed and specific information.

Required Qualifications for Cash & Valuables in Transit

Required Qualifications for Close Protection

Required Qualifications for Door Supervisors

Required Qualifications for Public Space Surveillance (CCTV)

Required Qualifications for Security Guards

Required Qualification for Vehicle Immobilisers

Key Holding

There are no training and qualifications required for a key holding licence.

However, the activities undertaken when you respond to a call-out may include those defined as manned guarding activities. If you undertake such activity you will need the appropriate front line licence and its associated qualification.