Be part of a unique opportunity and help make an improvement to the private security industry by sharing your thoughts on how we can close the skills gap and put in place recognised professional structures for the private security industry.
This event is fully booked.
Add your name to the waiting list
Thursday 12 March 2020.
Time: 09:30 - 16:30.
173 Euston Road
Book your place
Fee: £35 inclusive of VAT
We will invoice you once you have registered. Please note no refund request will be accepted after 29 February 2020.
We are pleased to announce that the summit will be free for licence holders and approved contractors (limited to two delegates from each company).
Who is the summit for?
The summit is for:
- Security professionals
- Human resource, learning and development professionals
- Those with a professional interest in education and training
The summit will provide a unique opportunity for you to have your say in how the future skills needs of the private security industry are met. We will be working with others, outlining a vision for how the industry could address the skills agenda, and we need your participation. We want the industry to come together and address the skills requirements for the future so we can together identify sustainable solutions.
The event will include presentations, panel discussions and workshops.
During the summit we will look at:
- How the we, our partners, and the private security industry are taking a strategic approach to skills.
- How we will work together to enable security professionals to develop their skills through ways that are recognised and respected within the industry.
- How to develop commonly-recognised learning and development structures including continuous professional development (CPD), apprenticeships, and other learning frameworks.
- How defined career pathways for security professionals can help make the private security industry a career of choice.
Speakers will include individuals recognised for their knowledge of private security industry and skills development so you will have the chance to hear their thoughts on the skills in the private security industry and get ideas on how to improve standards.
We will update this page with a full list of speakers in due course, please keep checking back for updates.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rick Mounfield – Chief Executive – The Security Institute
- Professor Martin Gill – Researcher and Director – Perpetuity Research and Consultancy
Click here for details of the agenda (download size: 409kb)
173 Euston Road
The summit will be held in THE LIGHT conference room.
The venue is located directly opposite Euston mainline railway station. Visit the venue website for more useful travel details.
We will make an information pack available for download prior to the event.