You will need to set up an online business account in order to use any of the services listed below.
You will also need to set up a 'super user'. A 'super user' is one of three business user accounts we offer.
Read more about business users
Services for all Businesses
We offer two services that any organisation can use free of charge to:
- Check that the operatives they deploy hold valid, active licences.
- Pay for applications on behalf of operatives.
During the registration process you will be asked to specify which service you wish to use.
Licence Status Checker
Pulling data directly from the public register of licence holders, our Licence Status Checker service will enable you to create customised 'watchlists' so that you can check that the operatives you deploy hold valid, active licences.
Licence Pay Only
Our Licence Pay Only service allows you to pay the licence application fee on behalf of individual operatives.
Before payment can be made, the operative must log in to their personal online account and submit their application. They must also agree to you paying by accepting your request to link with their account.
Our Licence Pay Only service includes all of the functionality of our Licence Status Checker service.
Services for Approved Contractors
As an SIA approved contractor you have the option to use our Licence Assist service and, if you meet a set of criteria, the Licence Management service.
During the registration process, select our Licence Pay Only service. Once you have completed the registration process, you can then log in and use the 'Contact the SIA' form to request access to our Licence Assist service.
Licence Assist will:
- allow you to fill in and pay for applications on behalf of your staff.
- keep you informed when we grant a licence to one of your staff.
- enable you to check the licensable status of licence holders.
If you wish to use our Licence Management service, you will need to meet specific eligibility terms and conditions, over and above those for the Approved Contractor Scheme, and sign a partnership agreement with us.
Licence Management will:
- provide all of the benefits of Licence Assist.
- reduce the time taken to apply for a licence by allowing you to carry out and endorse identity checks for new applicants without the need to for them to visit a post office.
- provide the ability to update your employee's details on their behalf.
Read more about Licence Management
How can I pay for the applications I submit?
If you are using our Licence Management, Licence Assist or Licence Pay Only services you can pay for licences you submit using either a debit/credit card or Direct Debit. You will need to set up your payment preferences when you set up your online business account.
If you choose to pay by Direct Debit you must allow 10 days for the Direct Debit mandate to be set up with your bank. Applications made during this 10 day period can be paid for using either a debit/credit card.